IFTTT for Productivity and Creative Thinking

IF This Than That is a great resource that has been around for a while, but one that I sadly have not fully engaged in until recently. The slogan is: "Put the internet to work for you." In recent days I've started automating many of my manual tasks online using and creating recipes. If something is connected to the internet you can probably create a recipe to make you online life a bit easier.
What is IFTTT?

IFTTT empowers you with creative control over the products and apps you love.
What are Recipes?
Recipes are simple connections between products and apps. There are two types of Recipes: Do Recipes and IF Recipes.
Do Recipes
Do Recipes run with just a tap and enable you to create your own personalized Button, Camera, and Notepad. The Do apps are available for iOS and Android.
Ideas for some recipes:
  • Create a recipe for a newsletter that auto publishes.  
  • Recipe to collect favorite tweets in Google spreadsheet.
  • Recipe to connect Pocket to Google Drive.
  • Use to trigger certain email events to a group.
  • Text reminders from calendars and events to remind me of something I always miss.
  • Create a recipe to post autopost a thank you when someone follows me on Twitter.
How can you use this to support teaching and learning? Please share your ideas below.

This is the post that connected me to IFTTT again: http://goo.gl/2Zefwy
This is the video that got me thinking about and using IFTTT to automate much of my online life.


Special thanks to Daniel Rezac at the 2015 ICE Conference and Joe Macchia an old friend for getting me started with IFTTT again.

1 comment:

  1. I use IFTTT to send a message to my cellphone whenever a new post is delivered to my Blogger site. The IFTTT app is very useful for promoting sharing posts to various social media platforms.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts