Getting to Know My Students - The Learning Continues

I started the year with a series of activities designed to build a stronger classroom community.


I have continued to get to know my students and I just wanted to share a followup activity that we really enjoyed.

I will typically share a short video that I find inspirational, motivational, or sometimes just fun on Fridays. The goal is to get conversations started about something that is more than just our content.

Today I showed the James Veitch TED Talk - The agony of trying to unsubscribe 


I am still adapting to the personalities of my classes, so I was not sure where our conversations would go. It went much further than I could have already hoped. Long story short, we had an incredible conversation about boredom and learning that I did not know that my students had in them. 

I wanted to share this video today in case you are looking to have a creative conversation with your students on Monday? If you share this video with your students, I'd love to know how it goes. 

"Let it be the catalyst for whimsy!"



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts