How Do You Define HyperDocs?


I was inspired to create this quick post by the HyperDoc Takeover in the Project Learn Inspired by EdTechTeam Press Facebook Group

I use HyperDocs as learning frameworks that connect my students to digital resources. I do my best to use HyperDocs to engage students in the content and connect our learning to the 4 Cs of collaboration, communication, critical thinking, and creativity. I play the role as facilitator or guide on the side as my students explore. I also try to be an active learner as my students engage in the resources. 


How do you define a HyperDoc? What are your essentials when creating a HyperDoc? Please share in the comments below.
Dive Deeper Into Hyperdocs Sarah Landis's Hyperdocs Defined Slide Deck

When I create a HyperDoc there are 5 essentials that I always try to keep in mind.  

Don’t just use Instructions that ask Students to complete, answer, or submit. Use action verbs like engage, explore, interact, apply, analyze . . .
There is no one right way to create a HyperDoc. Create what works for you and your students. Simple or fancy, the learning must be first. Revise and Recreate when needed to improve the experience for all learners.
The best HyperDocs include actions that get Students Communicating, Creating, Collaborating, and Thinking Critically.
The Best HyperDocs are more than Digital Worksheets. HyperDocs should include both Digital Resources and Real Face to Face Collaboration. If the students are just checking the boxes to get the work done, what is really being accomplished?
You Don’t Know What You Don’t Know? - Formative Assessments are Essential for all HyperDocs! Find the right tools to help students understand how the HyperDoc is connected to the essential concepts and objectives.
If you are new to HyperDocs or just want to learn more about HyperDocs, visit our HyperDocs Mission Control Resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts